Points of Interest

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Spooky Cute Books

I found two really spooky cute books yesterday :D  The first being Boris and Bella written by Carolyn Crimi, Illustrated by Gris Grimly. Yes, it's written for a younger crowd but how could you not adore a book beautifully illustrated by the amazing Gris Grimly with characters named Bella Legrossi and Boris Kleanitoff?  I had to suppress squeals of glee when I flipped through the pages, it's that sweet! I loved story,  it's a clever tale of two rival monster of the Booville social scene.  Who's Halloween party will reign supreme?




I <3 Bella's ghoulish grin!

and the grim reaper's trick or treat bucket!


Yes, I want a cup like this!!



and delivery bats! ^v^

The other nifty thing I found is a complete the picture book called Halloween Doodles by Emma Parrish.  With tasks like "Decorate the witch hats" , "Fill the graveyard with tombstones" and "Draw in the vampire's fangs" I could not resist! I think I will do one page for each day of October leading up to Halloween and post them here :D A crafty advent Halloween calendar of sorts!


Yikes! Run zombies!!

So much to love about this time of year! In the mean time I'm going to attempt to stay away from the Halloween display table in the kids' section at the bookstore. No, I will not succeed in this!  

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Halloween is my favorite favorite time ever! I love it and that fill-it-in book is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Halloween so,so much! I can't wait to start the book. Although I'm having a hard time imagining something ZOMBIES would run from! LOL

    ReplyDelete