Points of Interest

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Decor and Love

I'm coming to the realization that I may always be a couple pages behind the prompts :) My next two pages:

Journal Prompt:  Today I would like you to create a page dedicated to all of your ideas for autumn decor.   I love to decorate my home with simple, cheap, DIY projects around each season's change. 

My page:

 
I got so stuck on the the Fall Decor prompt, I had a really hard time thinking of what to do for this page. This turned t to be one of my favorite pages so far!

I found the "pumpkin as fall flower arrangement holder" idea online and the picture they had looked way less goofy than my pumpkin vase! It would probably make a pretty center piece on a Halloween or Thanksgiving dinner table. The silk maple leaves in tall vases looked very elegant, it's an idea I'd try. I used to have a giant pumpkin spice scented candle that I loved and it did indeed smell awesome! As for the couch makeover that's something I've needed and wanted to do for a while.  
 
 
Journal Prompt:  Why I heart fall?  What are the reasons behind your love for this season?  Why is fall so amazing to you??

My page:

While I had few ideas for the decor page I think I had too many ideas for this page! I like the way my mini quilt in the middle turned out though :)


Meet my apple cider and pumpkin spice latte couple! Lately I cannot resist the urge to draw faces on things.

Next time the colors and tastes of fall!

2 comments:

  1. First, I am so glad that I found your blog finally!
    Second, I gave up three journal classes ago on doing the pages 'on time'
    I felt that it hindered my creativity so don't worry about doing it EVER single day! Do it when it feels right. You'll be happier about it in the long run- I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found my blog too! ♥ I am going to follow your advice! I don't want to end up with rushed pages to look back on!

    ReplyDelete